Flex is a unique and innovative tool that explores the complex interaction between the wind and sail forces, combined with the chosen sail materials and their structural characteristics, and the resulting deformation of the original design mould shape. Using this tool, sail designers can examine the effects of changes to sail structure, and improvements to the sail's flying shape.
Knowing the intensity and distribution of the wind force over the sail allows you to:
- Change sail-shape geometry to obtain a higher drive force
- Identify the sail cloth that develops an optimal sail-shape
- Monitor side force and stress distribution
- Reinforce the sailor’s confidence in your design, via the visualization of the results of the aeroelastic analysis
- Reduce dedicated time for tuning